No refunds are available for SJA's Online Learning courses.
Course Delivery Language: English
This course provides supervisors with health and safety awareness training as mandated under Regulation 297/13 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Content includes information about workplace rights and responsibilities, workplace hazards and Ontario’s occupational health and safety system.
OHS Awareness Training is mandatory for all supervisors in Ontario. This course is appropriate for supervisors in all industries. Workers without supervisory duties should complete Worker Health and Safety Awareness which is also available through this online campus.
Upon completion of the course, participants will know:
- The duties and rights of workers under the Act
- The duties of employers and supervisors under the Act
- The roles of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees under the Act.
- The roles of the Ministry of Labour, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and other partners in Ontario’s occupational health and safety system
- How to recognize, assess and control workplace hazards, and evaluate those controls
- Sources of information on occupational health and safety
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
This course includes mandatory testing to verify that participants understand course content. Participants must pass the test to complete the course. Those who do not pass must review content and re-test until a passing grade is obtained. Questions are randomly selected from a test bank to ensure that each testing experience is unique.
To comply with Regulation 297/13 of the Act, the employer must retain a record that each supervisor has completed health and safety awareness training. Upon successful completion of this course participants can download and print a Certificate of Completion which includes their name and the date of training.